Friday, January 1, 2016

All That and a Bag of Chips - The Knight Rider Circuit

Building the Ultimate Knight Rider Circuit 


I've been working a lot with 555 ICs since I got into electronics about 6 months ago
I messed around with just about every circuit on This Website (www.555-timer-circuits.com)
I especially enjoyed the Knight Rider Circuit they have on that website, but I felt like it
could be better. So I started researching the 4017 IC trying to figure out what else it could do.
Then I came across a post on All About Circuits. I bookmarked the png schematic,
but unfortunately I didn't bookmark the forum post so I'm not totally sure who to give credit
to for this schematic:


This schematic did two things for the Knight Rider Circuit, it added more LEDs and
it added a fade off effect.  Now, here is the schematic I designed and built:

This circuit is not limited to just 9 LEDs, adding multiple 4017 ICs allows
for many possibilities. I've been getting into the Arduino stuff too, so I know
there are other options for this circuit.  I just find the IC chips a little more interesting.








The Circuit in Action


Thanks for checking out our blog
~Kilo

No comments:

Post a Comment