Thursday, December 17, 2015

All That and a Bag of Chips - The CHIPSmas Wreath

The Christmas Light Circuit
My original plan was to have two of these circuits running to add to the randomness of the lights.

 The Schematic of the Christmas Light Circuit

 Went for some festive colored wire and weaved it through some of the prototype
board for more of a decorative look

 Finished wiring the prototype board

 Prepping the RAM chips
The Heat gun made short work of the glue on those labels.

I drilled holes in 20 chips and inserted 5mm LED holders

I used small gauge wire to solder to the LEDs for easy wiring.

Foam core base

 Once I got the RAM into place I glued each one down to the foam core with hot glue.

I used more foam core for the back of the wreath to protect the wiring.
 
 Inserting and Gluing the LEDs in the RAM chips

 I made a small hole under the RAM to run the LED wire from the front to the back of the wreath.

 I ran 18 Gauge solid wire around the wreath for a ground. At each place I needed to attach an LED to ground I just whittled the protective coating off ground wire, twisted the LED wire around the exposed part and then soldered for extra strength.

Hard Drive arms make a great Christmas Star.
 
 Gluing down the hard drive stepper motors and Hard Drive star as ornaments. 

The CHIPSmas Wreath and all its glory.  



Watch the full video here


Thanks for stopping by our blog.
~Kilo (All That and a Bag of Chips)

No comments:

Post a Comment